We offer the finest high quality lens technology available today. All of our prescription lab work is done through Essilor, the world's leader in ophthalmic lenses.
We have made adding your prescription lenses into your new frames very easy. Simply choose what type of lens material, vision type, and any other options you desire for your new glasses. You must add both your frame and your prescription to the shopping bag separately.
At the very end of the checkout you will have a chance to input your prescription or once we process your order you will receive an email requesting for it to be emailed or faxed to us. Your prescription must include your O.D. (Right Eye), O.S. (Left Eye) and PD (Pupillary Distance). Lab work typically takes 5-7 business days from the date the frame is in stock.
We understand the value of your new look and vision, if you prefer you can always contact us to speak to an optician over the phone. We want you to be as comfortable with your decision as possible. If you have any special requests regarding the lenses in your new frames or if you desire a specific brand of lenses please do not hesitate to ask. We work closely with our lab technicians and they can do practically anything with a lens.
LuxuryEyesite.com Prescription Lens Guarantee
When we make your new prescription lenses you automatically receive a 1 year lens warranty for a one-time replacement of your lenses, at no charge. Adding an Anti-Reflective Coating will offer you an additional 1 year of coverage.
If you receive your new prescription lenses and they are not correct in any way, we stand by our work, and will remake them for no charge within 30 days. This will not go against your warranty.
Plastic Lens: Plastic Lens or CR-39 have a refractive index of 1.53. It has comparable scratch resistance to glass and offers a low price solution for prescription lenses. We use a high quality Essilor lens for standard plastic progressive prescriptions or upgrade to a Varilux Physio or Shamir lens for a wider field of vision.
Polycarbonate Lens: Polycarbonate Lenses have a refractive index of 1.59. It is 35% thinner and 45% lighter and flatter than plastic lenses. It is 10 times more impact resistant and three times more scratch resistant than plastic. 100% UVA/UVB Protection. Ideal for rimless, drill mount frames and highly active people. We use a high quality Essilor lens for standard polycabonate progressive prescriptions or upgrade to a Varilux Physio or Shamir lens for a wider field of vision.
Trivex Lens: Trivex Lenses have a refractive index of 1.54 and are ultra lightweight. It has similar impact resistance to polycarbonate but is more scratch resistant. 100% UVA/UVB Protection. Ideal for drill mount frames and highly active people. We use a high quality Essilor lens for standard trivex progressive prescriptions or upgrade to a Varilux Physio or Shamir lens for a wider field of vision.
High Index Lens: High Index lenses represent the latest lens technology available today, it enhancing cosmetic appearance and offering perceived added value. High Index lenses reduce the thickness and weight of an eyeglass lens, particularly for individuals with a strong prescription. We use Varilux Physio lenses for ALL High Index progressive prescriptions unless requested otherwise.
- 1.60 - 23% thinner than plastic | Suitable for rimless and drill mount frames | 100% UVA/UVB Protection | Recommended for prescriptions of +/- 2.00 or greater
- 1.67 - 50% thinner than plastic | 15% thinner and 25% flatter than 1.60 index lenses | The best choice for rimless and drill mount frames | 100% UVA/UVB Protection | Recommended for prescriptions of +/- 4.00 or greater
- 1.74 - The thinnest and flattest lens available today | 25% thinner than 1.60 and 13% thinner than 1.67 | 3 times flatter and 50% lighter than plastic lenses | 100% UVA/UVB Protection | Recommended for prescriptions of +/- 6.00 or greater | Must include a Crizal AR Coating with 1.74 lenses
AR Coating: Recommended with every prescription. Anti-Relfective Coating decreasing reflection and even makes frames aesthetically look better. It helps produce less glare, which is particularly noticeable when driving at night or working in front of a computer monitor. The decreased glare means that wearers often find their eyes are less tired, particularly at the end of the day. Allowing more light to pass through the lens also increases contrast and therefore increases visual acuity. Choosing any of our AR Coatings will also provide you with a 2 year lens warranty. We suggest Crizal AR Coatings as they are the best in the industry. To see the different benefits of each Crizal coating click HERE.
- Premium AR Coating - Our premium in-house Sharpview AR Coating | Includes a 2 year lens warranty
- Crizal Alize + AR Coating - Represents one of the best Anti-Reflective Coating available today | Reduces glare, repels water, resists scratches and smudges better than most other AR Coatings | Includes Scratch Resistant Coating | Includes UV Protection | Includes a 2 year lens warranty
- Crizal Avance AR Coating - Represents one of the best Anti-Reflective Coating available today | Reduces glare, repels water, resists scratches and smudges better than most other AR Coatings | Includes Scratch Resistant Coating | Includes UV Protection | Includes a 2 year lens warranty
- Crizal Sapphire with Scotchgard AR Coating - Represents the best Anti-Reflective Coating available today | Delivers the sharpest vision of any no-glare lens on the market | Reduces the most glare, repels water, resists scratches and smudges better than any other AR Coating | Includes Scratch Resistant Coating | Includes UV Protection| Includes a 2 year lens warranty
Scratch Resistant Coating: Scratch resistant coating is ten times less prone to scuffs and scratches than uncoated lenses. Prevent your new lenses from everyday dust and particles that can impair your sight over time.
UV Ultraviolet Protection: UV Protection will sheild your eyes from the sun's UVA and UVB rays that are damaging to the eyes.
Polarized: Light reflected from surfaces such as a flat road or smooth water generally is horizontally polarized. This means that, instead of light being scattered in all directions in more usual ways, reflected light generally travels in a more horizontally oriented direction. This creates an annoying and sometimes dangerous intensity of light that we experience as glare. Polarized lenses contain a special filter that blocks this type of intense reflected light, reducing glare.
Roll and Polish Lenses: When you add prescription lenses to a rimless frame you can roll and polish the lenses so they look aesthetically better from the side profile. Also used by patients with a higher prescription in any frame time. This will reduce the look of the lens thickness.
Transitions Lenses: Transitions lenses are designed to meet the needs of the majority of those who appreciate the value of eyewear offering adaptive lens technology. Transitions lenses quickly adapt between indoor and outdoor conditions, offering a distinct advantage over ordinary clear lenses. Change from clear indoors to dark outdoors. Blocking 100% of the sun's harmful UVA & UVB rays. Available in grey and brown tint.
Transitions XTRActive Lenses: All day Transitions XTRActive lenses adapt to help protect your eyes from fatigue and strain caused by UV light and bright glare outdoors, and even activate behind the windshield. Indoors they have a comfortable hint of 10% tint to shield your eyes from strain caused by harsh indoor light. Available only in gray tint.
Lens Tinting: Add tint to your lens with solid or gradient tinting, available in grey or brown.
Tinted Lens Kit: Many times patients want to change the look of their glasses by simply adding a custom colored lens to their frame. The Tinted Lens Kit includes non-prescription plastic lenses with UV and Scratch Coating, all in one price. We can do ANY single color of tint in a solid or gradient effect. To be the most accurate please email us with an image of the tint you desire.