Below simply choose the lens material, vision type, and/or any options you desire for your new lenses. Once you have made your selection click the + Add to Shopping Bag button and both your lens options and your frame option will be added to the shopping bag.
At the bottom of this section you can input your prescription. You have the option to either upload your prescription (recommended), input your prescription in the fields provided or click to provide it to us at a later time.
You can also always Contact Us with any questions you may have or for our professional lens recommendation, which is determined by your prescription.
Please click HERE to read all about the lens options we have listed below!
Customers Also Viewed
We offer the finest high quality lens technology available today. All of our prescription lab work is done through Essilor, the world's leader in ophthalmic lenses.
Listed below is a wealth of knowledge on vision types, lens materials and the lens options that we offer.
HOW TO ADD LENSES
We have made adding lenses into your new eyewear very easy. On the frame page simply click the + Add Lenses button on the product page and it will bring you to the lenses section below. Here you can choose the lens material, vision type, and/or any options you desire for your new lenses. Once you have made your selection click the + Add to Shopping Bag button and both your lens options and your frame option will be added to the shopping bag.
At the bottom of this section you can input your prescription. You have the option of either uploading your prescription (recommended), input your prescription in the fields provided or click to provide it to us at a later time.
PLEASE NOTE: Your prescription must include your O.D. (Right Eye), O.S. (Left Eye) and your PD (Pupillary Distance) Measurement. Lab work typically takes 7-10 business days from the date the frame is in stock.
We understand the value of your new look and vision, if you prefer you can always contact us to speak to an optician over the phone or by email. We want you to be as comfortable with your decision as possible. If you have any special requests regarding the lenses in your new frames or if you desire a specific brand of lenses please do not hesitate to ask. We work very closely with our lab technicians and they are able do practically anything with a lens.
LuxuryEyesite.com Prescription Lens Guarantee
If we make prescription lenses for your new frame and if they are not correct in any way, we stand by our work and will remake them for no charge within 30 days at no charge. This will not go against your warranty and additional shipping fees will not apply.
When we make your new prescription lenses you automatically receive a 1 year lens warranty for a one-time replacement of your lenses, at no charge. Adding any Crizal Anti-Reflective coating will offer you an additional 1 year of coverage. This does not cover you for negligence against your lenses. Please Note: Warranty lens replacement is only for the original prescription used at the time of purchase.
TYPES OF VISION
Single Vision: A regular vision that only has one focal point. Helps wearer to either see near or far but cannot do both.
- Nearsightedness (Myopia): A refractive disorder. In this condition, the eyeball is too long, meaning the eye cannot focus on faraway objects. It is commonly accepted that a combination of genetic and environmental factors play a role. Nearsightedness is much easier to correct through refractive surgery than farsightedness. Most ocular surgeons agree that due to the nature of the surgery, most patients need reading glasses past the age of 40.
- Farsightedness (Hyperopia): It is the opposite of nearsightedness. The eyeball is too short and cannot focus on near objects. Unlike nearsightedness, it generally believed that only a person's genetics determine whether he or she will develop this condition. Corrective lenses are the most common treatment.
Bifocal (Presbyopia): The lens is divided into two segments which offers distance viewing on the top and near vision on the smaller lower segment. You can see visible lines depicting the division of sight distance.
Progressive: Also known as trifocal, no-line bifocal, PAL or multifocal lenses. Offers the same functionality of a bifocal lens but allows smoother transition between the focal points. No visible line to separate the different prescription.
Plano (Non-RX): These lenses have no degree. They're basically just clear Plastic, Polycarbonate or Trivex lenses. Used in accessory glasses or to add a custom tint to a lens when a prescription is not needed.
Plastic Lens: Plastic Lens or CR-39 have a refractive index of 1.53. It has comparable scratch resistance to glass and offers a low price solution for prescription lenses. We use a high quality Essilor lens for standard plastic progressive prescriptions or upgrade to a Varilux Physio or Shamir lens for a wider field of vision.
Polycarbonate Lens: Polycarbonate Lenses have a refractive index of 1.59. It is 35% thinner and 45% lighter and flatter than plastic lenses. It is 10 times more impact resistant and three times more scratch resistant than plastic. 100% UVA/UVB Protection. Ideal for rimless, drill mount frames and highly active people. We use a high quality Essilor lens for standard polycarbonate progressive prescriptions or upgrade to a Varilux Physio or Shamir lens for a wider field of vision.
Trivex Lens: Trivex Lenses have a refractive index of 1.54 and are ultra lightweight. It has similar impact resistance to polycarbonate but is more scratch resistant. 100% UVA/UVB Protection. Ideal for drill mount frames and highly active people. We use a high quality Essilor lens for standard Trivex progressive prescriptions or upgrade to a Varilux Physio or Shamir lens for a wider field of vision.
High Index Lens: High Index lenses represent the latest lens technology available today, it enhancing cosmetic appearance and offering perceived added value. High Index lenses reduce the thickness and weight of an eyeglass lens, particularly for individuals with a strong prescription.
- 1.60 - 23% thinner than plastic | Suitable for rimless and drill mount frames | 100% UVA/UVB Protection | Recommended for prescriptions of +/- 2.00 or greater
- 1.67 - 50% thinner than plastic | 15% thinner and 25% flatter than 1.60 index lenses | The best choice for rimless and drill mount frames | 100% UVA/UVB Protection | Recommended for prescriptions of +/- 4.00 or greater
- 1.74 - The thinnest and flattest lens available today | 25% thinner than 1.60 and 13% thinner than 1.67 | 3 times flatter and 50% lighter than plastic lenses | 100% UVA/UVB Protection | Recommended for prescriptions of +/- 6.00 or greater | Must include a Crizal AR Coating with 1.74 lenses
We use Varilux Physio DRX Digital lenses for ALL High Index progressive prescriptions unless requested otherwise. Varilux Physio lenses will provide wearers with superior visual sharpness, much wider fields of vision and greater visual and postural comfort. High Resolution Vision will also be maintained whatever the situation and the lighting conditions. All Varilux Physio lenses are available with eyecode, resulting in lenses being more optically precise and offering instant and effortless vision.
Varilux S Design Lenses: Varilux S series is the new Varilux premium range of varifocal lenses that provide Unlimited Vision whatever the situation. If you already wear varifocal lenses you'll appreciate that no matter how much your glasses improve your vision there are some limitations. You may notice a swimming effect at the sides of your lenses or have a narrower field of vision than you would like. The Varilux S series range is the first and only varifocal lens that eliminates theses annoying constraints, giving you ultimate vision with no compromise! Currently only available for progressive Plastic, Polycarbonate, High Index 1.67 and High Index 1.74 Lenses.
Anti-Reflective Coating: Recommended with every prescription. Anti-Reflective Coating decreasing reflection and even makes frames aesthetically look better. It helps produce less glare, which is particularly noticeable when driving at night or working in front of a computer monitor. The decreased glare means that wearers often find their eyes are less tired, particularly at the end of the day. Allowing more light to pass through the lens also increases contrast and therefore increases visual acuity. Choosing any of our Crizal AR Coatings will also provide you with a 2 year lens warranty. We suggest Crizal AR Coatings as they are the best in the industry. To see the different benefits of each Crizal coating click HERE.
- Premium AR Coating - Our premium in-house Sharpview AR Coating | Includes a 1 year lens warranty | Can be used on Clear and/or Tinted Lenses
- Crizal Alize + AR Coating - Represents one of the best Anti-Reflective Coating available today | Reduces glare, repels water, resists scratches and smudges better than most other AR Coatings | Includes Scratch Resistant Coating | Includes UV Protection | Includes a 2 year lens warranty | NOT for Sunglasses
- Crizal Avance AR Coating - Represents one of the best Anti-Reflective Coating available today | Reduces glare, repels water, resists scratches and smudges better than most other AR Coatings | Includes Scratch Resistant Coating | Includes UV Protection | Includes a 2 year lens warranty | NOT for Sunglasses | MOST POPULAR!
- Crizal Sapphire with Scotchgard AR Coating - Represents the best Anti-Reflective Coating available today | Delivers the sharpest vision of any no-glare lens on the market | Reduces the most glare, repels water, resists scratches and smudges better than any other AR Coating | Includes Scratch Resistant Coating | Includes UV Protection | Includes a 2 year lens warranty | NOT for Sunglasses
- Crizal Prevencia AR Coating - Represents the best Anti-Reflective Coating for protection against UV and Blue-Violet Light available today | Protection from harmful Blue-Violet Light emitted from LEDs present in computer screens, tablets, smartphones, etc | Includes Scratch Resistant Coating | Includes UV Protection | Includes a 2 year lens warranty | Designed specifically for an all day computer lens | NOT for Sunglasses
- Crizal SunShield AR Coating - Represents the best backside Anti-Reflective Coating for sunglasses available today | Delivers the sharpest vision of any no-glare lens on the market | Reduces the most glare, repels water, resists scratches and smudges better than any other AR Coating | Includes Scratch Resistant Coating | Includes UV Protection with an E-SPF of 50+ | Includes a 2 year lens warranty | Can ONLY be applied with the Polarized Lens Option | MOST POPULAR FOR SUNGLASSES!
SPECIALTY ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATINGS
Scratch Resistant Coating: Scratch resistant coating is ten times less prone to scuffs and scratches than uncoated lenses. Prevent your new lenses from everyday dust and particles that can impair your sight over time.
UV Ultraviolet Protection: UV Protection will shield your eyes from the sun's UVA and UVB rays that are damaging to the eyes.
Roll and Polish Lenses: When you add prescription lenses to a rimless frame you can roll and polish the lenses so they look aesthetically better from the side profile. Also used by patients with a higher prescription in any frame time. This will reduce the look of the lens thickness.
Polarized Lenses: Light reflected from surfaces such as a flat road or smooth water generally is horizontally polarized. This means that, instead of light being scattered in all directions in more usual ways, reflected light generally travels in a more horizontally oriented direction. This creates an annoying and sometimes dangerous intensity of light that we experience as glare. Polarized lenses contain a special filter that blocks this type of intense reflected light, reducing glare. We offer a wide variety of polarized lens colors, please click HERE to view all the colors available as well as each color's specifications.
Transitions VII Lenses: Introducing the most adaptive UV responsive lenses with optimal indoor clarity currently available in the industry. This new addition to the Transitions family of products features a ground breaking technology, CHROMEA7. CHROMEA7 Technology is a unique dye formulation that keeps more molecules activated to absorb more light, allowing for a better, more responsive lens in a variety of lightning conditions. Transitions VII is now 20% faster activation than Transitions VI. Grey tint is now 15% darker and brown tint is now 21% darker. The same great Transitions lens just got even better. Available in Grey, Brown or Green/Graphite (G-15) tint.
Transitions XTRActive Lenses: All day Transitions XTRActive lenses adapt to help protect your eyes from fatigue and strain caused by UV light and bright glare outdoors, and even activate behind the windshield. Indoors they have a comfortable hint of 10% tint to shield your eyes from strain caused by harsh indoor light. Available only in Grey tint.
Transitions Drivewear Lenses: Daytime light and weather conditions constantly change while driving and so do Transitions Drivewear sun lenses. Their NuPolar® polarization removes glare off the road and car hood. Transitions® photochromic technology adjusts the color and tint of the lenses as light conditions change, providing ideal color and clarity for driving. Available only in Brown Polarized tint. Available only in Plastic and Polycarbonate Lenses.
Transitions Vantage Lenses: Transitions Vantage Lenses provide even crisper, sharper vision outdoors, even in the brightest outdoor glare. Transitions Vantage are the only lenses in the industry with variable polarization that adjust to match outdoor levels. Indoors they have a comfortable hint of 10% tint to shield your eyes from strain caused by harsh indoor light. Available only in Grey Polarized tint.
Lens Tinting: Add tint to your lens with solid or gradient tinting, available in black, grey, brown or any other single color tint. Please input specific color in the "Order Comments" section at the very end of the checkout. To be the most accurate please email us with an image of the tint you desire. Please Note: High Index lenses do not tint really dark. If you want a very dark sunglass lens and your prescription requires a High Index lens, we recommend choosing the polarized lens option to achieve this.
CustomEyes Sun Clip: High-end custom clips, handmade with precision stainless steel and colored to perfection for all your eyewear. Matching all frame colors and tinting lenses to colors you want. A completely custom sun clip to fit any frame you desire. 100% UVA and UVB protection available in tinted non-polarized or polarized lenses. Please click HERE to see images of previously created sun clips. Includes a special hard case just for your sun clip. Once we receive your order we will contact you to inquire what you desire in your new sun clip. Please Note: This process takes about 2 weeks to create.
Tinted Lens Kit: Many times patients want to change the look of their glasses by simply adding a custom colored lens to their frame. The Tinted Lens Kit includes non-prescription plastic lenses with UV and Scratch Coating, all in one price. We can do ANY single color of tint in a solid or gradient effect. To be the most accurate please email us with an image of the tint you desire.
Mirror Tinting: Mirror tinting is a reflective optical coating on the outside of the lenses to make your lenses appear like a one-way mirror. Mirror coatings blocks additional sunlight and reduces harsh glare by 10-15% with a solid mirror and by 5-8% with a flash mirror. We offer a wide variety of colors and gradient mirror, please click HERE to view all the mirror tint colors available. Price includes tint behind the mirror coating.