Every 8 seconds, someone turns 40. Eyes over the age of 40 begin to lose their flexibility which makes focusing at close range more difficult (also called presbyopia).
No, you don’t need longer arms, more light or a menu written in larger type. Diet, exercise and cryogenics will not stave off this condition. We hate to break it to you, but reading glasses are inevitable.
Now the good news! You are not doomed to wander the racks of drugstore readers in search of the least ugly pair of cheaters. Consider this: reading glasses are an opportunity to express yourself!
You’re stylish, smart and a little bit sarcastic – your eyewear should be too. We’ve got styles and colors to suit every mood, from dignified classics to big, bold and bright. We’ve got sunglass readers to keep you looking stylish while reading outdoors. Prescription glasses? Convert your eyebobs into prescription eyewear. Be the envy of younger eyes everywhere with your funky glasses!
Eyebobs eyewear was born of the ultimate fashion conundrum. Founder and President, Julie Allinson, found herself in need of reading glasses. Her unique personal style left her with a strong aversion to readers of the cheap, drugstore variety. This left her with one option, frames with a price tag that seemed more appropriate for a small automobile than reading glasses. The business maven immediately recognized a niche. She left her job as president of a children’s clothing company and set to work designing distinctive, high quality eyewear for the style conscious reader needer (that won’t break the bank).
Founded in 2001, eyebobs are reading glasses for the irreverent and slightly jaded. Creativity, wit and a dash of sarcasm reign at the Minneapolis headquarters. Allinson creates the designs herself, with help from staff and optical nuts who share her quirky vision. Styles range from the avant garde to buttoned-up conservative, all with a slightly tongue-in-cheek attitude. Eyebobs firmly believes that your style should be sharp, even if your vision isn’t.
Why are Eyebobs Unique?- Eyebobs specialize in reading glasses for those who appreciate quality fashion.
- Eyebobs are handmade with high-end Italian plastics, making them more durable than injection molded readers.
- All frame shapes are cut by hand
- Thread lock screws are inserted by hand
- All rivets are put in by hand
- Our lenses are cut and inserted by hand
- Extended temples allow you to wear them down on the nose to read or close to the face, as with regular glasses.
- Flexible hinges reduce breakage and helps to maintain a great fit.
- Each frame comes with a protective case that will help keep your frames in good condition.
- Eyebobs also offers polarized sunglasses that are not magnified. Extending the reach to non-reader patients.
- Eyebobs can also be converted to everyday prescription eyewear for a low price solution.