Interested in the MATSUDA M3023 Sunglasses from Iron Man 3? Have some questions?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are there 2 different looking blue sunglasses?
- MATSUDA manufacturers ONLY the ANTIQUE SILVER/COBALT BLUE/GREY GRADIENT frame in two different shades of blue depending on the size. The smaller size (52-16) is a lighter blue and the larger size (57-16) is a darker blue.
They are available in 2 sizes? What size is best for me?!
- That depends on the size of your face. If you have a wide face you may want to choose the larger size of 57-16, if you have a narrow face then you might want the smaller size of 52-16. Please look at a pair of glasses you own to see the size you currently wear. These numbers are usually on the inside of the temples or "arms" of most glasses and sunglasses. Naturally you want sunglasses to be a little larger for protection. Please email us with the size that is best for you.
What Sunglasses does Robert Downey Jr wear in Iron Man 3?
- In the movie he wears 3 different Sunglasses from MATSUDA.
- 1. He wears the ANTIQUE SILVER/COBALT BLUE/GREY GRADIENT in size 52-16.
- 2. He wears the MATTE GOLD/MATTE BLACK/BROWN GRADIENT in size 52-16 with custom RED lenses, made just for the movie.
- 3. He also wears the M2002 Sunglasses in color ANTIQUE GOLD/BROWN/BROWN GRADIENT with custom purple lenses for the Super Bowl Trailer. Also at the very end of the movie with the standard lenses.
This size fits RDJ but it does not necessary mean it will fit you. PLEASE NOTE: Please remember our Return Policy if the sunglasses do not fit you.
- We can add any color lens you wish to the sunglasses. It cost $100 USD extra to add different color lenses. That price includes tinted non-prescription plastic lenses with UV and Scratch Protection. You will also receive the original stock lenses with your purchase. This price does not include Anti-Reflective Coating, Backside AR Coating is an additional $80 USD.
Can I add prescription lenses?
- Yes, we can add prescription lenses to the sunglasses. Simply click the + Add Lenses button on the product page and it will bring you to the lenses section below to display our prices. Here you can choose the lens material, vision type, and/or any options you desire for your new lenses. Once you have made your decision please email us and we can invoice you for the frames and lenses you desire.
Can I mix and match the color of the frames or shields?
Unfortunately MATSUDA only makes this model in the colors listed. We cannot change the shields or frame color from one frame to another.
How much is shipping? Do you ship to my country?
- We ship to ANYWHERE in the world by FedEx Priority for NO CHARGE!
What is your return policy?
- You can view our return policy by clicking HERE. A small restocking fee will be applied for any items returned or exchanged ($25 for U.S. Dometic Orders, $50 for International Orders).
What is included with the sunglasses?
- You will receive the sunglasses, a case and a wipe cloth from MATSUDA.
Are the sunglasses authentic?
- We ONLY sell 100% Authentic products from each of our designers. You can read more about this HERE.
Are the lenses included?
- Yes, you will receive the orginal lenses with the sunglasses as seen in the images.
How long does it take to ship to me?
- We ship FedEx Priority for all orders. Domestic U.S. shipping takes 2 business days, international shipping takes 5-7 business days.
Are these sunglasses for male or female?
- These sunglasses are unisex and can be worn by men or women.
If I buy multiple pairs can I have a discount?
- As an Authorized Retailer of MATSUDA we are not permitted to discount their eyewear in any way.
Will I receive import duties or fees?
- We label the value of the package as a gift with a $100 USD value and ship it Priority to help get expedited through customs. Please do your research with your countries policies to see if duties or fees will be applied to a package valued at this amount.
Will I become Tony Stark or the Iron Man if I wear the sunglasses?
- Unfortunately no, you will not become the Iron Man when you wear the sunglasses. But you will have some of the best handmade eyewear in the world and look really cool wearing it! :-)
Please like us on Facebook as we are constantly taking pictures of the sunglasses in our showroom.
Monday - Friday: 11AM - 8PM
Saturday: 11AM - 7PM
Sunday: 11AM - 5PM
Current Chicago Time